Sunday, January 1, 2012

Travel, Where to Explore 2012

Well the new year is upon us and the opportunities are endless.  We all start fresh with 365 days to do whatever we wish with them.  We can sit at home and explore a virtual world on the latest video game, we can write a novel, start a business, go to work 80% of the days, the options are infinite.  Being a college student, I am blessed with ample free time to explore, adventure and photograph whatever I want.  So, with today being the first day of 2012 I thought I would prepare a list of places I would like to visit this year, and hopefully this inspires you to consider them as viable options for your travel's.

1. Glacier National Park


View Larger Map

Glacier National Park
I have always wanted to visit Glacier.  Mainly to see Flathead Lake, and hike until my heart is content.  I have heard there is an abundance of Big Horn Sheep and Mountain Goats along with the sprinklings of Grizzly Bears and Wolves.  I've had the pleasure of being within a few dozen feet of a Grizzly Bear, and let me tell you, it is not for the faint of heart.

2. Joshua Tree National Park


View Larger Map

"Rockstar" - The Milky Way from Joshua Tree National Park
A couple summers ago a friend and I drove through California, but I had little knowledge of Joshua Tree National Park, so therefore we didn't stop and see it.  I regret that so much! The garden of desert flora, of beautiful rock formations and the rock climbing opportunities are brilliant!

3. Moab, Utah



View Larger Map
 
Arches National Park - Turret Arch Framed by the North Window















For three long years now I have attempted to visit Moab to see the beautiful national parks in the area.  Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park are near, just to name a couple.  The beautiful rock formations and red rocks are breathtaking, as I've seen in pictures.

I hope these ideas have inspired you to consider a hike in one of these locations, or somewhere similar.  I've added a video that shows the beauty of the areas surrounding Moab.  Happy New Year!! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment